Wednesday, September 11, 2013

And so it begins



I haven't exactly been secretive that this would be coming. My husband and I are very grateful and excited to add another person to our family. I am due at the beginning of May.  I am 6 weeks pregnant right now.

You may or may not be wondering, but I did run a half marathon 5 weeks pregnant. I don't know if that is shocking to people, but it shouldn't be. I'm very used to running for 2 hours straight. I don't get particularly strong pregnancy symptoms and they don't show up until about 6 weeks.  I did show a great deal of self-control and went slow, resisting the urge to compete or race.

The primary purpose of this blog is to hold me accountable during my pregnancy, so here are my goals for this first trimester:

#1) Continue to exercise 5-6 days a week for 30-60 minutes/day (usually 45 minutes). 

Hoping a typical week looks like this: 
Mon-Run 4 miles 
Tues-bike 45 minutes 
Wed-Run 4.5 miles 
Thursday - Run 3.5 miles
 Friday - bike 45 minutes 
Saturday - Run 6 miles.
This will go for as long as I feel good enough to do it.

I've already noticed the need to slow way down to be comfortable. 

#2) Gain no more than 5 lbs the first trimester. My official starting weight for this pregnancy is 170 lbs. 

I haven't in past pregnancies had difficulty with gaining too much weight the first trimester. 

For fun, here is a starting picture and a picture at the end of my last pregnancy to see what I have to look forward to. (But 30 lbs lighter 25-35 lbs lighter if I meet my goal) I apologize for the awkward picture--my four year old took it and it was the best he could get. 



[36 weeks[5].jpg]











No comments:

Post a Comment