Monday, July 1, 2013

Nebo Half Marathon






I am an instigator. I talked my sister, Bethany, into running a half marathon with me this September. It will be my 4th and her first. We're running the Mt. Nebo Half Marathon

I'm really excited about this race because it's a fantastically beautiful canyon and the fall colors are going to be starting. I'm not trying to P.R. (1:42:36.8 @ Canyonlands Half Marathon), this is more just for fun and because I like having a specific race to train for--otherwise I slack off quite a bit.

The race is 10 weeks away, so I'll be using the same training program as I did for Provo City Half Marathon that I did in May. I found it at Fit Chick in the City's website. I'm stealing it and putting it here.



http://fitchickinthecity.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Screen-shot-2012-02-15-at-9.26.34-AM.png

This is a very general training plan and doesn't include pace. This is how this training program translates for me.

Monday - Run #1 moderately easy pace (9-10 min/mile pace)
Tuesday - Cross training/Rest
Wednesday - Run #2 Speed or Hill (8-9 min/mile pace for speed, 9-10 min/mile pace for hill)
Thursday - Run #3 easy pace (10 min/mile pace)
Friday - Cross training/Rest (Hike day!)
Saturday - Run #4 long run  (9-10 min/mile pace, or slower depending on how I feel)
Sunday - Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment